By Bill J. Leonard
Read or Download A Sense of the Heart: Christian Religious Experience in the United States PDF
Best church history books
Highlighting where of Stoic instructing in early Christian inspiration, a global roster of students demanding situations the present view that Platonism used to be an important philosophical effect on early Christianity. They recommend that early Christians have been extra frequently prompted via Stoicism than through Platonism, an perception that sheds new mild at the dating among philosophy and faith on the start of Christianity.
This booklet prepares the best way for the perform of kenarchy: a humanity-loving, world-embracing, inclusive way of living and politics. It does so by way of opting for conflicting streams in Christianity: the affection flow that the tales of Jesus painting and plenty of people wish to persist with, and the sovereignty approach that a lot of theology, church, and venture represents.
Pentecostal-charismatics in Latin the US and between Latinos: groups that percentage profound ancient, linguistic and cultural roots. This compilation brings jointly practitioners and teachers with pentecostal-charismatic affiliations, who examine from in the improvement of the flow between those diversified groups.
Die in dem ab 1619 ausgetragenen Kenosis-Krypsis-Streit ausgebildete 'klassische' Tübinger Christologie kündigt mit ihrer those einer strikt kontinuierlichen, wenngleich 'verborgenen' Partizipation der Menschheit Christi am allgegenwärtigen Weltregiment Gottes einen 50-jährigen Konsens konkordistisch-lutherischer Christologie auf.
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Early Christianity
- From Every Mountainside: Black Churches and the Broad Terrain of Civil Rights
- The Christian Monitors: The Church of England and the Age of Benevolence, 1680-1730 (The Lewis Walpole Series in Eighteenth-Century Culture and History)
- The Word in the Desert: Scripture and the Quest for Holiness in Early Christian Monasticism
- The Catholics: The Church and its People in Britain and Ireland, from the Reformation to the Present Day
- The Didache: A window on the earliest Christians
Extra resources for A Sense of the Heart: Christian Religious Experience in the United States
A Sense of the Heart: Christian Religious Experience in the United States by Bill J. Leonard