By Terry L. Anderson,Bruce Yandle
Read or Download Agriculture and the Environment: Searching for Greener Pastures (Hoover Institution Press Publication) PDF
Similar ecology books
Riparian forests alongside streams and rivers are diversified in species, constitution, and regeneration tactics, and feature very important ecological services in preserving panorama and biodiversity. This e-book discusses riparian forests from subpolar to warm-temperate zones, protecting headwater streams, braided rivers on alluvial fanatics, and low-gradient meandering rivers.
This full-color illustrated textbook deals the 1st entire creation to all significant features of tropical ecology. It explains why the world's tropical rain forests are so universally wealthy in species, what components may perhaps give a contribution to excessive species richness, how nutrient cycles impact rain woodland ecology, and the way ecologists examine the advanced interrelationships between wildlife.
This booklet presents details proper for the conservation of biodiversity and the sound administration of the coastal and woodland ecosystems of the Yucatan Peninsula within the face of world swap. a variety of elements of the biodiversity of the Yucatan Peninsula are analyzed in an integrative demeanour, together with phenological, ecophysiological, ecological and conservation facets of vegetation and animals and their relationships with people in coastal and woodland ecosystems.
The big grasslands of Brazil -- often called the cerrados -- which disguise approximately 1 / 4 of its land floor and are one of the so much threatened areas in South the United States, have acquired little media realization. This e-book brings jointly top researchers at the quarter to provide the 1st distinct account in English of the common background and ecology of the cerrado/savanna surroundings.
- Primates of Gashaka: Socioecology and Conservation in Nigeria’s Biodiversity Hotspot: 35 (Developments in Primatology: Progress and Prospects)
- The Waste and the Backyard: The Creation of Waste Facilities: Success Stories in Six European Countries (Environment & Management)
- Environmental Modelling, Software and Decision Support: State of the Art and New Perspective (Developments in Integrated Environmental Assessment)
- The Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) of Korea: Protection, Conservation and Restoration of a Unique Ecosystem
- Advances in Agronomy: 112
- Biological Invasions and Its Management in China: Volume 1 (Invading Nature - Springer Series in Invasion Ecology)
Additional resources for Agriculture and the Environment: Searching for Greener Pastures (Hoover Institution Press Publication)
Agriculture and the Environment: Searching for Greener Pastures (Hoover Institution Press Publication) by Terry L. Anderson,Bruce Yandle