By Sven Erik Jørgensen
Ecological engineering comprises the layout, building and administration of ecosystems that experience worth to either people and the surroundings. it's a quickly constructing self-discipline that gives a promising know-how to unravel environmental problems. Ecological Engineering covers the elemental conception of ecological engineering in addition to the applying of those rules in environmental administration.
- Provides an outline of the speculation and alertness of environmental engineering
- International concentration and variety of ecosystems makes Ecological Engineering an integral source to scientists
- Based at the best-selling Encyclopedia of Ecology
- Full-color figures and tables help the textual content and reduction in understanding
Read Online or Download Applications in Ecological Engineering PDF
Similar ecology books
Riparian forests alongside streams and rivers are assorted in species, constitution, and regeneration strategies, and feature very important ecological features in keeping panorama and biodiversity. This publication discusses riparian forests from subpolar to warm-temperate zones, overlaying headwater streams, braided rivers on alluvial fanatics, and low-gradient meandering rivers.
This full-color illustrated textbook bargains the 1st entire creation to all significant elements of tropical ecology. It explains why the world's tropical rain forests are so universally wealthy in species, what elements may possibly give a contribution to excessive species richness, how nutrient cycles impact rain wooded area ecology, and the way ecologists examine the complicated interrelationships between wildlife.
This ebook presents details correct for the conservation of biodiversity and the sound administration of the coastal and woodland ecosystems of the Yucatan Peninsula within the face of worldwide switch. quite a few points of the biodiversity of the Yucatan Peninsula are analyzed in an integrative demeanour, together with phenological, ecophysiological, ecological and conservation features of crops and animals and their relationships with people in coastal and woodland ecosystems.
The big grasslands of Brazil -- referred to as the cerrados -- which disguise approximately 1 / 4 of its land floor and are one of the so much threatened areas in South the US, have got little media realization. This booklet brings jointly best researchers at the region to provide the 1st particular account in English of the typical historical past and ecology of the cerrado/savanna surroundings.
- Wildlife Resources: A Global Account of Economic Use
- Nematodes in Soil Ecosystems
- Savannas and Dry Forests: Linking People with Nature
- Late Pleistocene and Holocene Environmental Change on the Olympic Peninsula, Washington (Ecological Studies)
- Structure and Function in Agroecosystem Design and Management (Advances in Agroecology)
Extra info for Applications in Ecological Engineering
Applications in Ecological Engineering by Sven Erik Jørgensen