By Donald M. Kent
Three new chapters within the moment Edition:
Wetlands Mitigation Banking-discusses the aim, coverage, and know-how of mitigation banking
Watershed Management-covers the most up-tp-date remediation expertise because it relates to wetlands
Managing international Wetlands-describes the type and administration of wetlands during the world
Written by way of wetland execs, this fundamental advisor furnishes vast details on how wetlands functionality, how they are often safe, and the way they are often controlled. spotting that every and each state of affairs is exclusive and calls for particular strategies, utilized Wetlands technology and expertise, moment version specializes in offering guidance for potent determination making.
Read or Download Applied Wetlands Science and Technology, Second Edition PDF
Best ecology books
Riparian forests alongside streams and rivers are different in species, constitution, and regeneration approaches, and feature very important ecological features in holding panorama and biodiversity. This publication discusses riparian forests from subpolar to warm-temperate zones, overlaying headwater streams, braided rivers on alluvial lovers, and low-gradient meandering rivers.
This full-color illustrated textbook deals the 1st accomplished advent to all significant facets of tropical ecology. It explains why the world's tropical rain forests are so universally wealthy in species, what elements could give a contribution to excessive species richness, how nutrient cycles impact rain woodland ecology, and the way ecologists examine the advanced interrelationships between natural world.
This publication presents details suitable for the conservation of biodiversity and the sound administration of the coastal and wooded area ecosystems of the Yucatan Peninsula within the face of worldwide switch. a variety of facets of the biodiversity of the Yucatan Peninsula are analyzed in an integrative demeanour, together with phenological, ecophysiological, ecological and conservation facets of vegetation and animals and their relationships with people in coastal and woodland ecosystems.
The big grasslands of Brazil -- referred to as the cerrados -- which hide approximately 1 / 4 of its land floor and are one of the so much threatened areas in South the United States, have acquired little media realization. This booklet brings jointly major researchers at the zone to supply the 1st particular account in English of the typical historical past and ecology of the cerrado/savanna atmosphere.
- Cultural Severance and the Environment: The Ending of Traditional and Customary Practice on Commons and Landscapes Managed in Common: 2 (Environmental History)
- Conserving Africa's Mega-Diversity in the Anthropocene: The Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Park Story (Ecology, Biodiversity and Conservation)
- Reintroduction of Fish and Wildlife Populations
- Eco- and Ground Bio-Engineering: The Use of Vegetation to Improve Slope Stability: Proceedings of the First International Conference on ECO-Engineering ... (Developments in Plant and Soil Sciences)
- Invasion Dynamics
- Global Risk-Based Management of Chemical Additives I: Production, Usage and Environmental Occurrence (The Handbook of Environmental Chemistry)
Extra resources for Applied Wetlands Science and Technology, Second Edition
Applied Wetlands Science and Technology, Second Edition by Donald M. Kent