By Igor Linkov,José Palma-Oliveira
Read or Download Assessment and Management of Environmental Risks: Cost-efficient Methods and Applications (Nato Science Series: IV:) PDF
Similar ecology books
Riparian forests alongside streams and rivers are various in species, constitution, and regeneration tactics, and feature very important ecological capabilities in preserving panorama and biodiversity. This e-book discusses riparian forests from subpolar to warm-temperate zones, protecting headwater streams, braided rivers on alluvial fanatics, and low-gradient meandering rivers.
This full-color illustrated textbook deals the 1st entire creation to all significant points of tropical ecology. It explains why the world's tropical rain forests are so universally wealthy in species, what elements may well give a contribution to excessive species richness, how nutrient cycles have an effect on rain wooded area ecology, and the way ecologists examine the advanced interrelationships between wildlife.
This ebook presents details proper for the conservation of biodiversity and the sound administration of the coastal and wooded area ecosystems of the Yucatan Peninsula within the face of worldwide switch. quite a few facets of the biodiversity of the Yucatan Peninsula are analyzed in an integrative demeanour, together with phenological, ecophysiological, ecological and conservation facets of crops and animals and their relationships with people in coastal and woodland ecosystems.
The big grasslands of Brazil -- often called the cerrados -- which hide approximately 1 / 4 of its land floor and are one of the such a lot threatened areas in South the United States, have bought little media consciousness. This ebook brings jointly best researchers at the region to provide the 1st targeted account in English of the typical heritage and ecology of the cerrado/savanna environment.
- Toxic Archipelago: A History of Industrial Disease in Japan (Weyerhaeuser Environmental Books)
- Living Marine Resources: Their Utilization and Management
- Integrating Biological Control into Conservation Practice
- From Populations to Ecosystems: Theoretical Foundations for a New Ecological Synthesis (MPB-46) (Monographs in Population Biology)
- Serendipity: An Ecologist's Quest to Understand Nature (Organisms and Environments)
- Tagging and Tracking of Marine Animals with Electronic Devices: 9 (Reviews: Methods and Technologies in Fish Biology and Fisheries)
Additional resources for Assessment and Management of Environmental Risks: Cost-efficient Methods and Applications (Nato Science Series: IV:)
Assessment and Management of Environmental Risks: Cost-efficient Methods and Applications (Nato Science Series: IV:) by Igor Linkov,José Palma-Oliveira