By John Kricher
This full-color illustrated textbook bargains the 1st complete advent to all significant facets of tropical ecology. It explains why the world's tropical rain forests are so universally wealthy in species, what elements may perhaps give a contribution to excessive species richness, how nutrient cycles have an effect on rain wooded area ecology, and the way ecologists examine the advanced interrelationships between natural world. It covers tropical montane ecology, riverine ecosystems, savanna, dry forest--and more.
Tropical Ecology starts with a old assessment by way of a sweeping dialogue of biogeography and evolution, after which introduces scholars to the original and intricate constitution of tropical rain forests. different subject matters contain the methods that impact every little thing from species richness to premiums of photosynthesis: how international weather swap may possibly have an effect on rain woodland features and serve as; how fragmentation of ecosystems impacts species richness and ecological approaches; human ecology within the tropics; biodiversity; and conservation of tropical ecosystems and species.
Drawing on real-world examples taken from genuine study, Tropical Ecology is the simplest textbook at the topic for complicated undergraduates and graduate students.
- Offers the 1st entire creation to tropical ecology
- Describes the entire significant sorts of tropical terrestrial ecosystems
- Explains species range, evolutionary methods, and coevolutionary interactions
- Features various colour illustrations and examples from real learn
- Covers international warming, deforestation, reforestation, fragmentation, and conservation
- The crucial textbook for complex undergraduates and graduate scholars
- Suitable for classes with a box component
Leading universities that experience followed this booklet include:
- Biola college
- Bucknell collage
- California kingdom collage, Fullerton
- Colorado country college - citadel Collins
- Francis Marion college
- Michigan country collage
- Middlebury collage
- Northern Kentucky collage
- Ohio Wesleyan college
- St. Mary's university of Maryland
- Syracuse collage
- Tulane college
- University of California, Santa Cruz
- University of crucial Florida
- University of Cincinnati
- University of Florida
- University of Missouri
- University of recent Mexico
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- University of the West Indies
Some photographs contained in the e-book are unavailable because of electronic copyright restrictions.
Read or Download Tropical Ecology PDF
Similar ecology books
Riparian forests alongside streams and rivers are varied in species, constitution, and regeneration methods, and feature vital ecological capabilities in holding panorama and biodiversity. This publication discusses riparian forests from subpolar to warm-temperate zones, protecting headwater streams, braided rivers on alluvial enthusiasts, and low-gradient meandering rivers.
This full-color illustrated textbook bargains the 1st entire creation to all significant features of tropical ecology. It explains why the world's tropical rain forests are so universally wealthy in species, what components may possibly give a contribution to excessive species richness, how nutrient cycles impact rain wooded area ecology, and the way ecologists examine the advanced interrelationships between natural world.
This ebook presents info suitable for the conservation of biodiversity and the sound administration of the coastal and woodland ecosystems of the Yucatan Peninsula within the face of worldwide switch. numerous facets of the biodiversity of the Yucatan Peninsula are analyzed in an integrative demeanour, together with phenological, ecophysiological, ecological and conservation features of vegetation and animals and their relationships with people in coastal and wooded area ecosystems.
The large grasslands of Brazil -- often called the cerrados -- which disguise approximately 1 / 4 of its land floor and are one of the such a lot threatened areas in South the USA, have obtained little media recognition. This publication brings jointly prime researchers at the zone to provide the 1st specified account in English of the traditional historical past and ecology of the cerrado/savanna surroundings.
- The Earth's Biosphere: Evolution, Dynamics, and Change (MIT Press)
- Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs
- Land-Use Change Impacts on Soil Processes: Tropical and Savannah Ecosystems
- Water and the Future of Humanity: Revisiting Water Security
- The Tinbergen Legacy
Additional resources for Tropical Ecology
Tropical Ecology by John Kricher